Thursday, January 11, 2018

CUCUMBER "SUSHI" ROLLS


Salmon, Avocado & Cream Cheese

6 ROLLS - [7PP+]
English Cucumber or Zucchini - [0PP+]
Salmon - 2.5oz- [1.5PP+]
Avocado - 3oz - [3.5PP+]
Laughing Cow x3 - [2PP+]

I saw a recipe for a similar roll on Delish.com and have been wanting to try this.


I was going to use cucumber for the outer wrap (which is why it's in the first picture) but it is too seedy which is obviously why they use zucchini for this. So I put the cucumber in my salad and cut up some zucchini. **I NOW KNOW TO USE ENGLISH CUCUMBER**


I put a little soy sauce on the salmon while I was cutting everything else up and then all you do is spread the cream cheese or in this case, Laughing Cow on the zucchini/cucumber, add a piece of salmon and some avocado and roll it up.


Of course, it's not going to taste just like sushi, but if you're just craving a salmon, avocado, cream cheese flavor or you're trying to do low carb or you have to give up rice, this is definitely a satisfying alternative. You can also try a riced cauliflower as a rice substitute.

To make this lower in points, you could substitute imitation crab meat or tuna for the salmon, use less Laughing Cow in each roll (I used 1/2 wedge per roll), substitute cucumber for the avocado, or make any flavor combination you really wanted. I was specifically craving this so I was happy to pay the points for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment