I debated about what to try to cook in this first and decided my Moroccan Pork dinner would make a good candidate. I have cooked these chops in the NuWave and really liked them so I had a good basis of comparison to work from.
I put the NuWave away and cleaned and prepped the GoWISE. I put foil on the drip tray the same as I would under the basket in the NuWave and turned it on for it's initial 5min recommended warm up. Yes - I read the manual. While that was doing it's thing, I started my pork.
While that was sitting - I looked over the recipe book.
Looking good - already getting crispy
I put the NuWave away and cleaned and prepped the GoWISE. I put foil on the drip tray the same as I would under the basket in the NuWave and turned it on for it's initial 5min recommended warm up. Yes - I read the manual. While that was doing it's thing, I started my pork.
Seasoned thawed pork cutlets with Ras El Hanout spice.
Let sit for 10min.
Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Add SF breadcrumbs - spray lightly again.
Let rest 5min while preheating fryer.
Let sit for 10min.
Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Add SF breadcrumbs - spray lightly again.
Let rest 5min while preheating fryer.
While that was sitting - I looked over the recipe book.
Directions from Recipe Book for Pork Chops:
400° for 8min - flip - cook another 12min - pretty straight forward
400° for 8min - flip - cook another 12min - pretty straight forward
I generally don't flip my food and I know the NuWave took about 20min to cook 2 chops and they are similar wattages so it should yield similar results but always check your internal temp if you aren't sure.
![]() |
| Breaded, Ras El Hanout seasoned, center cut pork chops |
![]() |
| Round 1 - 8min at 400 as advised |
What I did:
400° for 8min - internal temp was 137°
400° for 8min - internal temp was 137°
Looking good - already getting crispy
[Did not flip] - put on for another 10min = 18min total.
Final internal temp was 188° - minimum temp is 145° so this was plenty and probably means I could have done another 8min instead of 10 - but the recipe called for 12min so I split the difference.
FINAL RESULTS - BRILLIANT!!
Beautifully cooked, still moist inside with a crisp outside - very nice! SO nice I almost forgot to take a picture before devouring it!
Beautifully cooked, still moist inside with a crisp outside - very nice! SO nice I almost forgot to take a picture before devouring it!
Very impressed with this maiden voyage - looking forward to tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment