Tuesday, January 9, 2018

FINAL FREESTYLE TRIAL IMPRESSIONS


(Just my personal experience / opinion)

So now that I have gotten a handle on Freestyle and know all the in and outs - I am confident to say I am going back to PointsPlus after this week.

I'm still going to go to meetings since I can and can use the app to help others but PP is where I am best. I miss the structure and since my eating is not at all different on either plan, while I will continue to work on hunger signal behaviors, the not tracking thing doesn't work for me...

It's causing a bit of both anxiety and apathy this week...

I had a medical flare up on Sunday that hasn't gone away so a gain is in my future this week, but I also haven't been on my game.

Part of it is stress recovery, part of it is being exhausted and cold and in general feeling kinda mehhh... But another part is I have noticed a tendency to eat just because I could this week. With free foods not being pointed, I found myself slipping into old habits I haven't done in months.

🍈 Eating a can of peas or beans, straight from the can, because it doesn't count.

🐓 Eating chicken I cooked for a recipe, just plain, without weighing it, because it doesn't count.

🥚 Eating an extra egg at breakfast or an extra serving of something because - it doesn't count.

🎯 BUT IT DOES... IT'S STILL CALORIES AND I KNOW THAT...🎯

So nope, nope, nope... Gotta stop that before it becomes a landslide...

Don't get me wrong - Freestyle is a great plan and I think if you can control your portions or you need help eating more lean protein, fruits and veg - it is a fantastic way of doing that.

I love the focus on clean eating but I already eat like that.

For me personally - I enjoy tracking, weighing and measuring... It isn't a burden and it gives me a measure of control that I need.

Now I could just weigh, measure and track on Freestyle (which I have been mostly) but that is not how it is designed and I wanted to see if I could do it as designed.

I can, but I also see it as a slippery slope for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment