🌟🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🌟 - 5 SPOONS 5
5 SPOONS WAY UP!
Based on this recipe:
🔹 = 💯 Simply Filling
⚡ = pointed item
⚡ = pointed item
Since I only need enough for me for two recipes this week - I am doing:
🔹2 Chicken Breast (about 8oz)
🔹1/2 jar Pace Salsa
⚡1/2 block (4oz) cream cheese - you can of course use a low-fat, light or fat free option here if you want or omit all together if you don't want to pay the points for it.
🔸Optional - juice of 1 lime
🔸Optional - additional seasonings of your choice - I'm using Summer Savory here
🔸Optional - I have seen many recipes that also add a can of corn and a can of beans here as well
🔸Optional - additional seasonings of your choice - I'm using Summer Savory here
🔸Optional - I have seen many recipes that also add a can of corn and a can of beans here as well
In crockpot on Low for 6hrs or High for 4hrs.
Take cooked chicken out, put cream cheese in crockpot, shred chicken. I just used two forks but for larger batches, a hand or stand mixer makes pretty quick work of it.
Or you can get these BBQ shredding claws which I may have just ordered on Wish. Amazon has them too. Remember you get what you pay for - I don't need a super heavy duty pair but if you cook tougher meats than fall apart chicken - you should probably buy the heavier duty ones.
Zenware Set of 2 BBQ Meat Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
https://www.amazon.com/…/B01C4MHO32/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ab…
Return chicken to salsa/cream cheese mix for another 20-30min (Low) or 10min (High). Stir and serve.
RESULTS:
OMG - This is soooooo good - like lick the bowl good...🤤
It may not look like much but I couldn't help but eat a serving right out of the crockpot while putting it up for tomorrow. Of course you taste things as you go but this... This is magic chicken crack...
It is going in a version of Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos tomorrow... And I don't even think I will need to dress the Slaw. OMG...
Okay - you get the point...
But I'm telling you - the little bit of heat from using a medium salsa (use a hot if you like real heat), the crisp/tart tang of the lime, the creaminess of the cream cheese (I think you could easily substitute Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream here but it will result in a more liquid result - once this thickens up overnight I would think most of this will be absorbed)...
Yeah...very nice!



No comments:
Post a Comment