I am a slightly broken (the joys of long term Fibromyalgia and MS), but still kickin - 41yo Dog Trainer from Southern West Virginia.
I started WW in 2005 when I was living in New Zealand and lost right at 90 lbs before I gave it up.
Long story short - Due to assault related PTSD - I put on and carried enough weight to, in my mind, essentially make me invisible...
I used my weight as a shield and when I dropped below 200 for the first time in probably 10yrs+ and suddenly started getting "noticed" - I put the brakes on and started eating to gain weight to get back to my safe zone of invisibility.
Though I didn't see it that way at the time, looking back, I allowed one incident to make me feel so unsafe that I stopped walking, stopped going places by myself and I lacked the support system to really do anything else, so I gave up...
Fast Forward 10yrs - I am now back in the US (anyone else in SW West Virginia? ) and slightly heavier than I was when I started in 2005, so I have basically put on almost 100lbs since then.
I have looked over the new system and will be starting SMART POINTS from Feb 1st. I understand what happened last time now, I have much better coping mechanisms in place and am ready for the change.
I'm going to spend the next few days getting my kitchen in order, doing my first menu plan and shopping list and getting all my apps/trackers configured. I'm looking forward to doing this again and being able to do more with my dogs!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment