Friday, September 8, 2017

THE BEADS ARE BACK


One of the things that I've always found important for weight loss is to have a visual reminder reward of some type. Something that marks your progress so you can see that on your fridge, wearing it like a necklace or bracelet, or hanging in your car as you're trying to go through drive-thru.

I just wanted to share how excited I was to actually put two beads back on this bracelet.

For those of you who don't know me, I started this journey in April and lost a good amount of weight very quickly. By the second week in May I had actually lost 30lbs.

Then something happened with my autoimmune disorders and I spent from May to August back and forth with numerous doctors trying to work out what was wrong. We still won't know what's wrong but as part of all of the testing my doctor recommended that I stopped trying to lose weight at the same time as that seem to be exacerbating things.

We also went through a strict elimination plan for things like gluten and dairy, I did a FODMAP diet for IBS and a leaky gut set as well. It's been pretty chaotic to still have no answers.

However as of this month I have been cleared to come back to doing this program. During those couple of months I put every one of those pounds back on plus extra.

So I took all the beads off of my bracelet. They've just been sitting, staring at me for months.

So to be able to put some back on this week was highly motivating!

I know some of you were also doing various ways of tracking. Show me what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment