A REVIEW OF THE LAST MONTH:
I have been doing WW since April 1st - very clean eating - was losing well - my IBS under control... All good. Down 27lbs on my weigh in on May 6th.
Had a few days of swelling from what I think was switching to fat free products - bad chemical cocktails in those - so switched back to just reduced fat and seemed okay. (first side by side image)
Woke up May 8th with a huge belly (second image) and weight gain of over 18lbs (2 DAYS). Thought I was having a major IBS flare but days later it was still swollen. Went to my doc when I started having trouble breathing from the swelling - they thought it may be fluid buildup from a heart issue.
Full workup:
Heart, liver, kidney, thyroid, adrenal - all okay
Elevated WBC/RBC
Over the next two weeks, we tried Lasix, I continued eating the same and lost most of the 18lbs. But after eating anything - my stomach blows back up within about 10-15min and stays that way for what seems like forever. Exercise, even simply walking creates a problem. No vomiting or bowel issues though.
Then last week (Sat), I had gained 15lbs back again. Doc switches me to spirolactone and orders an abdominal CT we are waiting on. Still swollen this week but down some.
She sent through a script for Flagyl and Cipro today for the elevated white blood cell count and I start that tomorrow.
I was diagnosed with Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in 2016 (probably had since 2011) - could this be part of that even though my liver tests are normal?
I was diagnosed with Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in 2016 (probably had since 2011) - could this be part of that even though my liver tests are normal?
Anyone have any experience like this? My doc is very open to looking into things with me so we are checking into any options that may be possible.
Any ideas?

No comments:
Post a Comment