Tuesday, May 2, 2017
TASTEBUD ADVENTURE CHALLENGE 2017 - JICAMA
WEEKLY ITEM: JICAMA - [0SP]
So every week when I go shopping this year I am picking up something I have never tried or never prepared before.
This week it is Jicama (Mexican turnip or yambean) - which I had heard of but never tried.
I really like it.
It had been described as having a texture between that of an apple or pear and a raw potato... Probably true.
Most commonly eaten raw in slaw, salads or dressed with salt and lime.
I found it to taste (to me) like a slightly limey/citrus radish - minus the heat of a radish. Very similar texture to a radish. I actually ate about 1/3 of it raw as I was cutting it up for salad...
I would definitely get it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment