Sunday, February 10, 2019

AIR FRYER BABY SCALLOPS w/ LEMON CAPER PASTA - 237 calories


🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄 Another 5 Spoon Meal!

🔹 = 💯 Simply Filling
⚡ = pointed item

Original recipe (very adapted)
https://therecipecritic.com/pan-seared-scallops

🔹SCALLOPS
So these are actually the super cheap, frozen, baby scallops from Dollar General Market. 

Yes, you can of course use fresh, large bay scallops but while fanning the freezer door deciding what to make for dinner - I saw these and figured I'd experiment.

I took her advice on the brining, although I'm sure it makes much more difference on fresh or larger scallops.

Dissolve 1/4c salt (I used sea salt) in 1c hot water. Once dissolved, add 3-4 cups cold water and scallops. Let soak for at least 10 min while you prep the sauce.

Pat dry with paper towels, season and let rest for 10 more minutes. I used Fisherman's Seafood Spectacular by the Gourmet Collection. Spray lightly with cooking spray and arrange on a foil lined rack or in a baking tray that fits your fryer.

* Times and temperature may vary by the size of your fryer *

Air Fryer: GoWISE 12.7Q Air Fryer Oven
Preheated
Cook 430°for 10min (I did not flip these but larger scallops may benefit from 5min - flip - 5min)

LEMON CAPER SAUCE
Simplified by what I had available. This is VERY lemony at these measurements - but that's what I like - if you aren't a big lemon fan - cut the zest and juice measurements in 1/2. This is for a single serving.

Salt and pepper as you like it. I didn't as the scallops were seasoned.

For a single serving - in small pan on the stove, combine:
🔹1cup Chicken Stock (I used Swanson's)
🔹1tsp Garlic Paste or Minced Garlic
🔹1tsp Lemon Zest
🔹2tbsp Lemon Juice (1sm lemon)
🔹2tbsp Capers (the little things that look like peas - they are a tangy, briney little flower bud usually with the olives or in the Italian section)
⚡1/2tbsp Butter - I used my favorite Kroger Garlic, Parmesan & Basil Butter (optional)

The recipe calls for white wine but I didn't have any so I just omitted it, I didn't cook anything in oil etc...

If you want less sauce - reduce the amounts but this was lick the bowl good!

Simmer the sauce over medium high heat until it reduces to half. Cook your pasta as you're waiting. Once reduced, stir in
🔹1tsp Dijon Mustard

PASTA
I only used 1oz but this makes enough sauce for 2oz without a problem:

🔹Ronzoni Whole Wheat Healthy Harvest Thin Spaghetti.

Once pasta is almost completely cooked, move pasta to the pan with the sauce and turn off the heat. Stir well and let the flavors absorb while your scallops finish cooking.

Plate & serve. This would also work brilliantly with salmon, shrimp or chicken!

#simplyfilling #wholefoods #mealideas #realfood #eattherainbow #itsalifestyle #caloriecounting #itrackbites #seafood #pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment