Interesting development in understanding today.
The Metformin is definitely helping... No doubt... May not understand the why, but it is.
Much reduced swelling. Buddha has relaxed for the first time since like Sept!
I wasn't feeling the greatest today so I had a Deli Sandwich from Kroger about noonish and then didn't want anything until I tried that pummelo around 6 or 7.
So - little protein and high refined carb in the bread (white) and surprisingly the pummelo - 231 calories with 56g carbs from the fructose.
I had been running very low blood pressure for me all day... Lots of vertigo when standing issues etc...
I don't normally have so little protein but it just happened that way today.
In doing more research into insulin resistance, some people say no sugar at all, some say no fruit juices, some say no fruit at all, some say no fruit over 2 servings, some say no fruits over 25g total carb for the day...
What I found today was this. No fruit juice this morning to take my pills... Much less swelling so fruit juices are out for the most part for awhile.
High fructose fruit - pummelo - created reaction within 10min - not huge but noticeable. Must check carb load in fruit and I'm going to stick with 2-3 servings rather than my normal 5-6.
I had Campbell's Steak & Potato Soup (14g protein) over a chicken breast for dinner (protein and sodium since my pressure was running so low) and within 15min - even though I reacted to eating in general, my BP resolved and the vertigo was fine.
Very enlightening...
๐นMust have protein and not go too low in my sodium
๐นNo more juice for awhile
๐นRestrict/monitor fruit by carb load
Such a learning curve! Thanks to Sara Anne for listening to me ramble today about all this.

No comments:
Post a Comment