I decided to try a different version of crockpot chicken this week and since everyone was going Buffalo and I had a bottle of Frank's I hadn't used - I thought why not?
It is based on this recipe here:
https://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/healthy-slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken
I didn't make as much since it is just me.
๐น = ๐ฏ Simply Filling
⚡ = pointed item
๐น1lb Chicken Breasts
๐น1/3c Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
⚡4oz Kroger Original Cream Cheese (could be No Count if fat free cream cheese is used)
๐น1/2 bottle Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
๐นJuice of 1 lime (optional)
๐นFresh Cilantro & Parsley (optional)
๐นSeason to taste
Cook chicken breasts in a little water or stock and the Frank's sauce until done (about 3-4hrs / Low or 1-2hrs / High). Remove chicken and put in cream cheese, yogurt. Shred chicken and return to crockpot. Mix well and add more Frank's to taste plus lime juice and fresh herbs if using. Turn crockpot to Warm (or Off) for another 15min. Serve warm or cold like a chicken salad.
4 servings - 220cal / serving
RESULTS
It was good - but for me personally - I prefer the other. I think if you like Buffalo Chicken, you'll like it and it's very easy but it was just okay for me. I wouldn't make it again for myself. ๐
** Bites/Points will vary depending on your plan, what yogurt /cream cheese you use. **
#simplyfilling #wholefoods #mealideas #crockpot #buffalochicken #caloriecounting #itrackbites
No comments:
Post a Comment