Tuesday, June 13, 2017

CHANGE OF PLAN


Okay - I have to try a new approach... This is just getting ridiculous...

I had lunch with family out the last two days and did not overly watch what I ate. My fault entirely... I own that.

In doing so, I triggered a pretty big flare up today. I know this is a learning process so I will embrace the:

+10.6lbs

I have brought on since yesterday. Junior, my IBS baby, is awake and angry. Bless his heart.

So...obviously time for a new plan... (and yes this is all in conjunction with my docs approval)


FROM TOMORROW
* Stopping all current GI/fluid meds - Raninedine + Omeprozol + Spirolactone (obviously not helping)

My Digestive Enzyme / Lactobacillus / Bifido probiotics arrive tomorrow and I will start them exclusively for two weeks. 2/day taken 30min before lunch and dinner.


After much research, this seems to be the most targeted towards IBS type rather than a general gut flora like Acidophilus strains most people would take.

* Putting a pin in doing Weight Watchers for 4-6 weeks to try doing a slightly modified FODMAP diet.

https://www.dietvsdisease.org/diy-low-fodmap-diet/

There are some things that are allowed / okay on FODMAP that I can't do due to other sensitivities and other things that I have no trouble with that are high FODMAPs which will be included in small amounts.

I needed to grocery shop anyway, so I figured may as well do this now.

May the force be with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment