No juice replacement for me. Yesterday I posted that I found that nice juice and hoped the Stevia wouldn't cause a reaction.
[Please note what follows is just my own bodies reaction to 4oz of Cranberry Juice with Stevia as the only odd ingredient - I'm not saying Stevia is bad, just very bad for me...]
It did...it started with my tongue itching and throat being scratchy, then my eyes started getting hot and over the next few hours, they started swelling.
Stomach swelling moderate and nauseous...
Weird palpations and irregular heartbeat for a few hours... Nothing huge but a tightness in my chest and flutters...
Why do I know it's the Stevia?
** Known intolerance to processed/artificial sweeteners (I know technically this isn't an "artificial" sweetener but it is a processed one and I thought maybe it would be okay - NOPE.)
** At the point that this happened, I had only had breakfast and all of the items were things I had had before except the juice.
** Known possible Stevia side effects - includes many of these symptoms and says may interact with high blood pressure meds as well. What did I take with my new juice - meds for HBP and fluid retention...
** Research shows some people do present with an allergy to this and it looks like I am one. Two antihistamines later, we'll see how this goes.


No comments:
Post a Comment