Today I quit... I was feeling frustrated and defeated. It got to me more than usual the last few days and today I ate the house down, threw my hands in the air and declared it all just not worth it. I was just overwhelmed and angry over all the medical mess. Over a month of trying to sort this out and though I am much farther along in understanding what happened - it still got to me.
Then tonight, as I lay here trying to soothe the angry IBS baby - I had an ephinane.
* I am going to count my last weigh in before the allergic reaction yesterday (261.6lbs) and change my weigh in day accordingly. I NEED to feel like I'm making headway or else I will throw in the towel.
* I was going to just write the day off - just write off all dailies and weeklies and move on but I decided to track and while it was bad, I didn't have any super high point items in the house so it wasn't as bad as it could have been and certainly not unrecoverable from.
So it is with more grit and determination than it should have to be, that I face this new week of obstacles and hopefully will come to the end of it with no more crazy surprise food reactions. Thankfully my face is no longer swollen and hopefully my angry belly will decide to give it a rest too.


Interesting about the flare ups and the gut- I notice similar, though its more of a foggy, exhausted feeling with a little bloating. I know eating as close to a plant-based diet makes me fel better depression and ohysical wise, but the past few days I too have had a "fuck it" attitude. Some dental work didnt go well yesterday so I have been babying myself with noodle & co food..makes me wonder, since it wasnt exactly healthy- cookies, mac n cheese, potstickers- but I dont feel nearly as sluggish and sad/angry as when I �� out on mcdonalds or other foods loaded with frankenfood and preservatives. Glad to see you are beginning to bounce back!
ReplyDelete