I just got a call from my doc regarding my food allergy panel we did last week. She ordered a test for 92 common food items. (IGG Test)
I tested positive to over 80% of foods on the list - I only had limited reactions to 17 foods (out of 92)!
REACTIVITY SCALE
Some of my highest:
Avocado - 23.9
Banana - 51.5
Beef - 10.9
Cheese - 15.2
Egg - 24.6
Lemon - 11.8
Tomato - 11.0
Wheat - 12.3
I am supposed to eliminate anything on this list over 4.9 = 57 items.
I don't think I am actually allergic to all these foods - I am 99% sure this is a histamine reaction caused by Leaky Gut Syndrome - there are essentially micro tears in the lining of the intestine that allow food particles to escape into the bloodstream and not be digested. The body then attacks the foreign cells and starts creating antibodies against them assuming that it is an infection.
The items that are the highest on my allergen test are the items that I was eating the most of which would explain why I have such a high number of antibodies against them.
I'm supposed to cut out anything 5 and above which including eggs, milk casein, cheese, beef, bananas, avocado, potatoes, tomato, wheat and even things like celery and cucumber...
Basically I can have fish, some chicken, bell peppers, nutmeg and mushrooms... Even lettuce and spinach are 5.8 and 6.1...
This is not very plausible unless I ate seafood for basically every meal. Since I think this is a leaky gut reaction instead of a true allergy (though I do get the allergy reactions to some things) - I will eliminate anything probably on a scale of 7-8 or higher instead of 5 and see how that goes.
That at least adds in a few more fruit/veggies like my greens, celery, cucumber, corn, peas, and puts rice, potato, pork and lamb back in.
The longer this issue goes on the more foods I become intolerant or allergic to. The level of allergy varies but it is just kind of crazy to see it in a numerical format.



No comments:
Post a Comment