Wednesday, April 19, 2017

IBS-D?


Anyone else deal with IBS and edema? My weight fluctuates daily in a huge range...and today is a moderately bad stomach day.  Junior (my IBS belly baby) is angry... 

I generally check mid week to see what's happening and as of today I am +7lbs! Yep - 7lbs...

Sheesh...Hopefully it settles down before Sat...
NO GO FOOD LIST
I do believe a good portion of my IBS flare this week may be - Asparagus... Which I love...

In 3 days, I ate 2 full bunches - sigh... It is one of my favorite vegetables but apparently can be a high trigger foods for IBS. I already shouldn't have broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, peppers, avocado, brussel sprouts and a whole bunch of other stuff according to the standard IBS restriction diet (which I do not and can not follow)...

But I am making a list of things that seem to cause major distress and I think Asparagus just made the top of the list...

Artificial sweeteners
Asparagus
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Onion (Raw)

Do you have foods you have to avoid for GI/digestive reasons (outside of allergies or intolerance to things like gluten/dairy)? Other IBS or Crohn's disease people have any specific triggers you've worked out?

This is the recommended diet for IBS sufferers FOODS TO AVOID LIST - Not something I can do easily and certainly not sustainably.



And then this is what is on the OKAY list - they want me to eat artificial sweeteners?


Nope, nope, nope - but it does mean I have to pay more attention to triggers and limit consumption of some of my favorite veggies...gotta love LIFE LESSON:  BALANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment