Monday, April 10, 2017

THE GREAT AMERICAN WEIGHT LOSS ROAD TRIP


One of the major struggles I have had with my weight loss all of my life is that I have never had a specific reason or event to do it for by a certain deadline.

It's not to say that my health won't improve, but the truth is that when I lost almost a hundred pounds in 2005, both myself and my doctors were shocked that it made very little important difference to my overall health. I don't have diabetes, my blood pressure was still high, it didn't help with my Fibromyalgia or mobility - so from that standpoint, health alone doesn't provide incentive.

I'm not getting ready for a wedding, I'm not doing it for anyone else, I don't have some life event coming up that makes it worth pushing towards so it's easier for me to just become slack about it.

Do I want to be a better dog mom? Yes! Do I want to feel better? Of course! Would it be nice to actually be in some pictures and not cringe? Definitely!  But so far none of those alone have been enough. 

I decided this time around that I was going to have to have goals that motivated me enough to make it worth pushing through those days when I'm exhausted and really can't be bothered.  I needed to come up with a reward that I valued enough to push myself even if I didn't feel that doing it just for me was enough.

And here it is - if I can lose 100+ pounds in 12 months then my dogs and I are going to do the iconic Coast to Coast Road Trip.

As a reward for every 5 pounds lost, I get to plan a pit stop. I bought a large wall map and some thumbtacks...I'm actually really excited about that.

Each pit stop, I get to look at where I want to stay, what do I want to do, where are the great places to take photos, and I will ask you guys for places that you recommend.

This appeals to me on levels from organization and scrapbooking through to the actual trip itself. This could be a pretty awesome reward.

With my health worsening every year, now is the time before I reach a point where I physically can't enjoy it anymore... So it literally could be now or never!

THE NUMBERS GOAL
Lose 100+lbs by March 15th, 2018
Starting Weight:  287.2lbs
Road Trip Goal Weight: 185lbs
Overall Goal Weight:  150lbs

THE PLAN
Save the funds
Plan the stops - every 5lbs down - pitstop planned!

.......and we're off........

I HAVE GIVEN THIS IT'S OWN PAGE HERE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP UP

No comments:

Post a Comment