Monday, April 24, 2017
MEAL PREP MONDAY
One of the things I find is absolutely crucial for me is that I have to have something in the fridge that is ready to go if I need to grab something.
I have MS and there are days when my hands can't handle cutting up vegetables and it means that I make completely different choices then if I'm prepped. So I bought a Veggie Chopper and it has been a lifesaver. Every couple of days I will do a bowl of what I want to add to my salad greens - today it is:
Cucumber
Granny Smith Apple
Red Pepper
Carrot
Strawberry
Blackberry
I add that to a 50/50 Spinach blend and can then add whatever I want that counts as points:
Cottage Cheese
Feta Cheese
Chicken
Tuna
Sliced Almonds
Bacon Bits
I normally use a little Worchershire or reduced sodium Soy Sauce and raw lemon juice as my dressing though I recently bought some Ponzu (soy, lemon, orange Asian sauce) which is very tasty but high in Sodium and I have to point it for the amount I am using so I am going back to my Soy/Lemon this week.
Fruit Salad prep for the same reason - have it with Oatmeal or Yogurt in the morning, with Cool Whip as a dessert or just a pick me up snack. This week:
Watermelon
Orange
Kiwifruit
Blackberries
(will add cantaloupe and pear later tonight once I grab some)
Labels:
Meal Planning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment