Tuesday, April 11, 2017

THE BEST LAID PLANS ...AND ALL THAT....


Not all dinners go as planned... Lol

The other day while I was in the supermarket they had ground turkey on sale for $1.99/pound. I don't know about where you guys are but here that is like super sale. So without checking the points on it, because it's ground turkey after all, I bought 4 packs.

Fast forward to tonight.

I'm doing Turkey Burgers with Polenta Fries and Citrus Salsa... Sounds like a plan right?

A series of unfortunate events unfolds instead:

Burgers end up being [12.7SP] each! The ground turkey is only 85% lean making it [6.5SP] per patty... Okay not the end of the world but not on plan...

Polenta Fries - simple, quick, looks like they are going to be good until over half the tray ends up in the dog hair covered abyss between the oven and dryer... This is what I had left... Lol

El Paso brought out a Citrus Salsa I thought I'd try... Yeah... obviously their version of medium  and my version differ greatly... My mouth is still burning... If you like hot stuff it is probably good but I won't be eating it again... Whew!

So for about [15SP] - I got a nice but high point burger, 8 polenta fries and a burning mouth...

Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment