Sunday, February 12, 2017

CHEESY CHICKEN, SHRIMP & SPINACH ENCHILADAS


Tonight I thought I would use up my last 2 wraps in this pack and as I was looking at what I had in the fridge as a base for a meal, I thought of an enchilada type dish.  I only needed some spinach, mushrooms and sour cream so a quick trip to the little local grocery and I was all set.

I am winging this whole thing and making up measurements as I go along. When I was thinking about it earlier - I way overestimated but here is what I ended up doing.

4 SERVINGS - 4SP/ea

WRAP
2x Flatout Wraps [2SP]

FILLING
6oz Shredded Chicken Breast (I used the Sams Club one)[2SP]
8 Large Raw Shrimp [1SP]
Frozen Spinach (depends on how much YOU want) - [0SP]
1 small can Sliced Mushrooms - [0SP]
2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese - [2SP]
1tbsp Sour Cream - [1SP] - use a fat free for less points

TOPPING
4tbsp Fat Free Salsa - [0SP]
2tbsp Sour Cream - [3SP] - use a fat free for less points
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese - [5SP]


I had 2 flatbreads left which I cut in half though you could leave them whole if you wanted a larger wrap.  Set aside.


Someone in one of my WW groups had mentioned that Sams Club had packs of chicken breast meat shredded and vacuum packed from their leftover rotisserie chicken.  It is really good - juicy, not greasy, big pieces of white meat....very nice!  And $8.98 for 2lbs.

Why not just buy a rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off myself?  Honestly - because I love chicken skin too much...it is my favorite part of the whole thing and at an estimated 10-12pts for just the skin if you ate it all while pulling the bird apart - which I would...Mmmmmmm chicken skin....*droooool*

Huh?  What?

Oh yeah - back to the good (and good for you) chicken.


I combined the chicken, mushrooms, spinach (heated up), and two softened LC wedges.  I actually thought it was a bit of a dry mixture so I threw a tbsp of sour cream in there as well.  The seasoning mix you will see on most of my stuff is McCormicks Roasted Herb & Garlic Seasoning - I should seriously buy stock in this - it is my favorite on anything savory:

Okay - mix all of that together.  Set aside.  I put the shrimp in hot water for a few seconds to just barely cook them - set aside.  


Combine salsa and sour cream in another bowl for your topping.  If you want a more true enchilada sauce - you could certainly use one, or straight salsa or even a marinara if you wanted.  Salsa and sour cream is just one of my favorite "dips" so that's what I used.


Lightly spray a roasting tray or baking dish with something like Pam.  I have my chicken mixture, shrimp and wraps ready (and that is the salsa/sour cream mix at the top). 


Spoon chicken mixture down the middle of the wrap and add 2 shrimp.  Next time I will just leave them out - they are so not necessary when using this chicken.


Wrap the edges over and flip seam side down on the pan.  I had overestimated how many shrimp would fit, but they were already thawed out so I threw them on the pan to cook anyway.

You can either add your topping sauce now or after.  Since I didn't have a smaller baking dish, I figured the sauce would just run off and the cheese would melt away to nothing with so much space around them, so I opted to put it on after.  Obviously a trip to Goodwill for some baking dishes is needed!!

Bake at 350° for 20min.


I added the cheese and topping afterwards but like I said - if you have a small baking dish - all at one time is much closer to an actual enchilada.  But they were still really good!


And I had two leftover for tomorrow.  When I reheat, it will be an all-in-one sort of dish.  Gryphon, my Collie, says he would totally have those for lunch tomorrow!!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment