Spiralizing veggies is all the rage now but the allure of not having to pay 6pts for normal pasta is a good reason to jump on the bandwagon for sure.
So I bought a Veggie Pro and some zucchini and tried it this week. I had tons of points left so I used the base recipe from the awesome Skinny Kitchen website and modified it to add a Basil Pesto I had in the fridge.
BASIL PESTO SHRIMP SCAMPI OVER ZOODLES (10 Smart Points)
1 lrg Zucchini, spiralized
10 Raw Shrimp
2tbsp Light Margarine
Garlic, minced
Lemon juice (to taste - I like a lot)
2tbsp Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1tbsp Basil Pesto
1tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
Wash and spiralize your zucchini. Cook in water (rolling boil) for just a very few minutes (2-3 at the most). I overcooked them and they were fine but could have been much better. LOL
Put margarine, lemon juice and garlic in a pan and cook the shrimp.
Remove the shrimp to a bowl and add chicken stock and pesto to the flavor bits still left in the pan.
Let that come to a boil to combine the flavors, then pour over the Zoodles. Add your shrimp and top with Parmesan cheese. YUM!!







No comments:
Post a Comment