As part of the 2017 Tastebud Adventure Challenge, I am trying to buy something new each week that I have either never had or never prepared for myself. This week I got a few different things.
I like some fish, as long as it is not too strong in flavor - so I usually buy Tilapia. This week I decided to try Swai and Cod.
COD FILLETS - [0.5SP/4oz fillet]
My protein kick continues and if I can have 2 nice Cod fillets for [1SP] - heck yeah! I am going to try this over my Hinode Black Rice [4.8SP] this week - low point fish means I can have my carb points and not stress at all!
SWAI FILLETS - [0.8SP/4oz fillet]
You know those cute little Iridescent Sharks/Catfish they sell at Walmart and pet stores? Well they get 3-4 FEET long and this is them...We in the pet industry have been trying to get them to stop being sold in stores for a long time - they are just not suitable for more home aquarists - but anyway....
"Swai fish is a Catfish from Vietnam which has a milder taste and more delicate texture than our native Channel Catfish and may therefore be more approachable for people who do not normally care for catfish. Swai are moist, sweet and mild flavored with beige colored flesh which turns white after cooking." [http://www.chefs-resources.com/seafood/finfish/swai-fish-information-recipes/]
If you are part of the iTrackBites group, you may have seen my post about looking for the right wrap to make chips out of and a low point alternative to Velvetta cheese for the Queso. Well I have found some I am very happy with in theory - we'll see if it works as well as I hope this week.
SUPER NACHO SWAPS
Chips > [Joseph's Lavash Bread]
White Queso > [OTB Queso]
Ground Beef > Ground Turkey
Dark Red Kidney Beans
Mushrooms
Tomato Paste
Onion / Garlic
(cooked together)
Spinach
Tomato
Spring Onion
Avocado
Homemade Pico / Salsa
Light Sour Cream
JOSEPH'S LAVASH BREAD [2SP/wrap]
The packaging is a bit deceiving as the serving size is a 1/2 wrap but this is a huge 12" wrap after all. I estimate getting ~30 chips from one wrap.
ON THE BORDER QUESO [3.2SP - 1/4cup]
I think this should be a great option - and to make it go further - I am going to use Drizzle Me Skinny's trick of putting it in drizzle bottles.
STAY TUNED FOR RESULTS!




No comments:
Post a Comment