So one day this week I got to catch up with my cousin for lunch. She is like my sis and I try never to miss a chance to catch up if possible. But we do have a bad habit of using food to socialize over (working on it).
Anyway she asked me to meet her in Hinton and we tried several places that were either closed on the day (Monday) or no longer in business. That left us with Pizza Hut/Wing Street, McDonalds and Dairy Queen.
We went to Pizza Hut thinking if they had a lunch buffet I could at least get a salad from - but no. Wings (deep fried only at this location) or a very plain personal pan pizza for 28pts were the only options so we went for Dairy Queen after I looked through the Restaurant guide and saw they had salads and sandwiches.
We won't discuss the rudeness of the staff but in the end I ordered a Grilled Chicken Salad the app said was 3pts - with Iceberg lettuce, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped tomatoes (0pts), grilled chicken (3pts) and they had one containing mandarin oranges and pineapple so I ordered that and would just add the points for the fruit since I was sure it was canned.
Something like this was expected based on their advertising (which I know is NEVER accurate but it is an example).
What I got was a little bowl containing
Lettuce
3 cherry tomatoes
4 strips of shredded cabbage
6 strips of shredded carrot
2 mandarin orange segments
1 pineapple ring cut into quarters (so 4 pieces)
Cubed "grilled" chicken
This was $6.00 - I should have taken a picture...sign - expensive and for nothing - I make killer salads at home and this was beyond disappointing. Due to the staff's bad day/anger issues - there was no reason to ask for anything to be done about it so I enjoyed the view and spending time with my cousin and made a note never to eat their again.
![]() |
| View from Dairy Queen in Hinton, WV overlooking the New River |



No comments:
Post a Comment