Sunday, January 13, 2019

CARROT TOP & BASIL PESTO


(Very nontraditional Pesto)

🔹 = 💯 Simply Filling
⚡ = pointed item

I only made a small batch to test using Carrot Tops instead of Spinach. Very nice!

🔹1 cup Carrot Tops
🔹1 cup Fresh Basil
🔹2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)
I use this as a source of easily absorbed B12 for a medical deficiency
🔹1 tbsp Loreto Olive brine liquid
⚡3 tbsp Konex Foods Dolma liquid

Combined all ingredients in my Magic Bullet and blended - quick and easy!

Not traditional at all and I know it sounds weird - but the Dolma liquid is a tart oil/lemon blend, the olive brine adds a little saltiness, the Basil has a good depth of flavor and a little pepperiness and the Carrot Tops add a brilliant color and volume.

#simplyfilling #wholefoods #mealideas #realfood #eattherainbow #recipe #pesto #magicbullet

No comments:

Post a Comment