Well my hands were having trouble with being able to apply enough pressure with colored pencils to get the look I wanted so I bought a pack of Sharpie markers instead. Figured they would require very little pressure. (This was true)
Today I needed to switch my car insurance to a new company and their online site was having "technical difficulties" so I had to call.
I hate calls - like with the passion of a thousand burning suns type of hate...
But it had to be done.
So I went and got my new markers and a coloring book I have had since 2017 apparently... It's one of those that has some things already colored in to get you started I guess... Lol...
I colored my way through a 43min phone call, my hands held up and only tried to go drunken monkey on me in a few little places and I finished the call in a very positive frame of mind, not only about the call, but the act itself.
I was calmer, my generalized phone anxiety didn't occur and other than the disappointing fact that the pages aren't quite thick enough to prevent bleed through from the markers - I was very much a happy camper.
Changing your feelings towards anything you dislike starts simply by pairing it against something you like a lot. In the beginning - the pleasant thing needs to be much more value than the unpleasant one.
🎯 So I challenge you to make a list of things you don't like about trying to lose weight.
Is it the cooking? Planning? Shopping? Exercise? What aspects of lifestyle changes can you just not stand? Be specific!
🌀 SOLUTION - Okay, now pick 1 high value reward that you can give yourself for completing one of those issues.
Do stickers, charts, charms, beads, planners etc motivate you?
Complete 7 Day Meal Plan = earn a reward.
Cooked every night for a week = reward.
Did 3x BOOGIE BREAKS today = reward.
Hate shopping?
What if the trip ends with you treating yourself to something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself? Something small but nice - a nail polish, a face mask, in my case - a new kitchen utensil from the $1 store...😉. A girl can never have too many gadgets.
What reward can you use to make doing the things you dislike become more bearable?
#motivation #morethanthewhy #itsallconnected

No comments:
Post a Comment