ADVENTURES IN AIR FRYING - ROTATING BASKET - SWEET POTATO FRIES
Tried the rotating basket for the first time.
The rotisserie shaft is a snug fit that takes some getting used to. I definitely recommend practicing with the unit off both with the rotisserie hook and without.
I found it difficult with the problems with my hands to get a smooth release so while I would normally Preheat - I did not here so I could fiddle with the basket without worrying about getting burnt.
Sweet potatoes do not tend to get crunchy - maybe if breaded, but in general, they will be soft unless you cook them to death. The fiber structure is much finer than a normal potato so they don't crisp even in the oven most of the time. This was the case here too.
🔹 AIR FRIED SWEET POTATO FRIES
Air Fryer: GoWISE 12.7Q Air Fryer Oven
Default FRIES setting - 430° for 15min
Additional - 400° for 10min
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into fries. Toss in a little oil (or spray with cooking spray) and season. I used McCormick Mesquite Seasoning. Loaded in the basket and set on the default FRIES setting as a test.
At the end of the time, they weren't cooked like I wanted. I think the fry setting is probably for frozen fries.
I took a guess and put them back in for 400° for another 10min.
This resulted in a cooked, tasty - but very soft - "fry". 😊
I have made them in both of my previous air fryers and the oven and they turned out the same... Lol
Has anyone ever gotten a crunchy sweet potato fry without it being overdone? Am I missing something?
Test complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment