Part of the list of approved No Count foods for the Simply Filling program includes sugar free/fat free items. Not a problem. I don't use very many fat free items because I tend to react to the additional ingredients added to make them more palatable - and all artificial and processed sweeteners are a big no-no for me.
So I hadn't even heard of the Walden Farms range until fairly recently.
And I have to say I am baffled.
They do dressings, syrups, peanut spread, mayo, alfredo sauces and more - and say all are completely CALORIE FREE, SUGAR FREE and FAT FREE.
Sugar free / fat free - okay I get that - but if something is ZERO CALORIES - first of all it obviously isn't a food - and secondly - what can it possibly be made of?
Hmmmmm - Google to the rescue!
So 1/4 cup of their "Alfredo Sauce" is ZERO calories and is made up of water, non dairy flavors and vegetable fiber? So what IS IT actually?
I'm seeing corn starch and xanthan gums as binders but this whole range just confuses me. Apparently Walmart carries part of the range.
Anyone care to enlighten me?






No comments:
Post a Comment