Saturday, January 5, 2019

CROCKPOT POTATO & LEEK SOUP


💯 SF CROCKPOT POTATO & LEEK SOUP
Based on this recipe:
https://skinnyms.com/crockpot-potato-leek-soup-recipe
🔹2x Leeks (white/light green part only)
If you have never worked with Leeks before, they are one of those veggies that you need to wash super thoroughly before using them. They get grit/dirt down in all the sections and rinsing the outside will not get rid of it. But its not hard.
I peeled/discarded the outer 2 leaf stalks and then cut to size...filled the sink with some cool water and broke the leeks apart like you would break apart the rings of an onion. The sections float so giving them a good stir around in the water is all you need to do to clean. Some people half or quarter them instead but I was going to cut them up anyway so this was easy.

🔹 1lb Yukon Gold Potatoes (diced) - you could use any potato but I like the creamier texture of Yukons
🔹 6 cups stock - I used 3 1/2cups of Turkey Stock/Bone Broth I made last night and 2 1/2cups water as the broth was very concentrated
🔹 1/2 cup 0% Plain or Greek Yogurt - I like the more Sour Cream flavor of Greek Yogurt but you can really just use plain 0% yogurt if you don't like Greek.
Seasoning to Taste [what I used]
🔹 Minced Onion [2tbsp]
🔹 Sea Salt [1/2tsp]
🔹 Cracked Black Pepper [1/2tsp]
🔹 Dried Dill [1tbsp]
🔹 Dried Parsley [1tbsp]
🔹 Seafood Spectacular* [2tsp]
* The Gourmet Collection Spice Blend

Combine everything EXCEPT the yogurt in the crockpot and cook on Low 6-8hrs (or High for 3-4). Let cool slightly and then using an immersion blender, puree to your desired consistency.
Stir in the yogurt and mix well. Serve immediately.
-------------------------
🍃🍅🍃🦐🍃🥑🍃🐄🍃
We all have to find what works to make this an enjoyable and sustainable #lifestyle / #notadiet and SIMPLY FILLING is just what works for me. 🏆#nofinishlinenation
📝 Simply Filling tracks differently than Freestyle. (SF is no longer supported by WW)
🍃 2018 No Count Food List Simply Filling PDF
https://tinyurl.com/y94dnkgm
(The 49 weekly points she references in the article are when paired with the old PointsPlus plan which I do - if paired with the current Freestyle program you would use your Freestyle weeklies.)
👩🏻‍🍳 Facebook:
www.facebook.com/dumpytodiva
🍎 Simply Filling Group
www.facebook.com/groups/itbsimplyfilling

No comments:

Post a Comment