Saturday, January 5, 2019

THE RESULTS ARE IN - HOT SAUCE REVIEW

EXPERIMENTS IN EATING - 🌶️ HOT SAUCE 🌶️
Based on your recommendations I have now tried all of these + Sriracha.
Here is my personal experience with them - but keep in mind that due to this #autoimmune thing - my tastebuds are weird.


Sriracha
Not pictured because I threw it out in my CLEAN SWEEP CHALLENGE. Not only did I not like the heat, I don't like the taste itself either. Just not for me.

Frank's Original🥄🥄🥄
It's okay. I can see using it in cooking. It has a very vinegar based taste to me - moreso than the others... I can see how it is a key sauce in Buffalo flavored items.

Cholula Chili Lime🥄🥄🥄
Again - okay. I like the slightly more tangy flavor and less heat aspect. I can see cooking with this one as well.

Tapatio 🥄
Nope, nope, nope. Too hot. One drop test and I was on fire for awhile after. Don't even think I can cook with it.

Valentina ❤️🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄❤️
Can you tell it is my favorite. Very nice. It isn't overly hot and it had a richer base flavor. And it comes in huge bottles for less than $2! Awesome!

Cholula Original
🥄🥄
A little too hot for me on its own but might be okay in cooking. Probably wouldn't buy again.

You guys said to try it on popcorn but I thought it would just make it wet... Then I got an idea !

By Crikey 🐊 - buy a small $1 spray bottle and use it like an oil mister! Voila! A nice fine mist of hot sauce without big drips and wet popcorn. It also makes the popcorn seasoning stick really well too!

I will continue to try others but right now Valentina is my hands down favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment