I do things a little differently than most.
For me, meal prep is just making certain things ahead of time to go in planned dishes or in some cases, prepping a dish I will eat several times during the week.
I don't do a lot of leftovers, and I don't make the little 5 boxes all the same for lunches that a lot of people do.
Nothing wrong with doing that at all - I just am not a big fan of the same thing over and over and I have the time and the desire to cook which means I don't need to. 😉
My week starts on Tuesday - so on Meal Prep Monday, I will:
🔹Cut up veggies for sides, salads or specific dishes so they are ready when I am to cook.
🔹I make my chicken or egg salad.
🔹I make any marinades or sauces I am going to need so I don't have to do it while cooking the meal.
🔹I look at anything that I can prep and store to be ready for me when I am cooking that meal.
Some people cook entire meals ahead of time but I don't generally like just reheating something... Esp meat or vegetables that can then become overcooked or soggy.
So let's look at my dishes for the week of Jan 1st - Jan 7th.
🔪 MPM = Meal Prep Monday
BRUNCH
🥑 Avocado & Soft Boiled Egg Toast
(no prep)
🥑 Avocado & Soft Boiled Egg Toast
(no prep)
🦃 Turkey Salad w Cranberries, Almonds & Cucumber
(🔪 Prep entire salad on MPM)
(🔪 Prep entire salad on MPM)
🍍 Shogun Special Salad (Cucumber, Tomato, Avocado, Pineapple) on Spinach/Kale Blend
(🔪 Since most of the ingredients would get soggy if cut early, the only prep will be cutting up the fresh pineapple)
(🔪 Since most of the ingredients would get soggy if cut early, the only prep will be cutting up the fresh pineapple)
🌮 Air Fried Fish Tacos with Fresh Pico (Tomato/Cucumber) and Red Cabbage Slaw
(🔪 Prep Pico - red onion, tomato, cucumber, lime, cilantro - this is an example of something that is better made ahead to let the flavor develop...
🔪 Prep Slaw Components - I don't tend to add any liquid ingredients until the day I am ready to make the Tacos but I will cut up the cabbage, carrots, onion on MPM)
(🔪 Prep Pico - red onion, tomato, cucumber, lime, cilantro - this is an example of something that is better made ahead to let the flavor develop...
🔪 Prep Slaw Components - I don't tend to add any liquid ingredients until the day I am ready to make the Tacos but I will cut up the cabbage, carrots, onion on MPM)
🍈 Greek Gyro Power Bowl w/ Tzaziki
(🔪 Prep Tzaziki - it keeps well and the flavor develops overnight... Precook Quinoa/Rice... Turkey is already cooked)
(🔪 Prep Tzaziki - it keeps well and the flavor develops overnight... Precook Quinoa/Rice... Turkey is already cooked)
🍕 Turkey & Spinach Alfredo Flatbread Pizza
(no prep - if I was doing a 2 ingredient dough base - I would premake and freeze the dough but I have some flatbreads to use)
(no prep - if I was doing a 2 ingredient dough base - I would premake and freeze the dough but I have some flatbreads to use)
------------------------------------------------------------
DINNER - all served with #everythingbutthekitchensinksalad
🦐 Basil Pesto Shrimp & Spaghetti Squash
(🔪 Prep Basil Pesto - easy to make ahead and either freeze in ice cube trays or keep in the fridge)
(🔪 Prep Basil Pesto - easy to make ahead and either freeze in ice cube trays or keep in the fridge)
🐂 London Broil w/ Shitake Mushroom Sauce & Asian Sugar Snaps
(no prep)
(no prep)
🍃 Spinach Stuffed Salmon w/ Polenta
(no prep)
(no prep)
🍔 Black Bean Burger w/ Delicate Squash Fries
(no prep - you could make the burger mix ahead of time and freeze but it's just me so I don't)
(no prep - you could make the burger mix ahead of time and freeze but it's just me so I don't)
🐟 Smoked Salmon Mezze Platter
(no prep)
(no prep)
🍠 Air Fryer Moroccan Pork w/ Sweet Potato
(no prep)
(no prep)
🔹Then I look at my salad prep for the week - cut up anything that will not go soft like cabbage and peppers, deseed my pomegranate, shred carrot, cut up onions etc.
I know people who meal prep very differently but I had several people ask about how I do it. 😊
-------------------------
🍃🍅🍃🦐🍃🥑🍃🐄🍃
We all have to find what works to make this an enjoyable and sustainable #lifestyle / #notadiet and SIMPLY FILLING is just what works for me. 🏆#nofinishlinenation
📝 Simply Filling tracks differently than Freestyle. (SF is no longer supported by WW)
(The 49 weekly points she references in the article are when paired with the old PointsPlus plan which I do - if paired with the current Freestyle program you would use your Freestyle weeklies.)

No comments:
Post a Comment