After almost 2yrs of trying to figure out the progression of my medical issues, something definable, and treatable, has shown up.
I am INSULIN RESISTANT with accompanying METABOLIC SYNDROME.
Normal range is 2-25. I am at 53.
Normal range is 2-25. I am at 53.
Hallelujah! Something definable. Something researchable.
https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/type-2-diabetes/insulin-resistance-causes-symptoms
https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/top-5-insulin-resistance-symptoms
https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/type-2-diabetes/insulin-resistance-causes-symptoms
https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/top-5-insulin-resistance-symptoms
Not the same as diabetes - Insulin resistance is when cells in your muscles, fat, and liver don’t respond well to insulin and can’t easily take up glucose from your blood. As a result, your pancreas makes more insulin to help glucose enter your cells.
I have had issues with my pancreas for years and while there has not been an issue with my glucose levels in any previous testing - things have changed enough in the last 6 months that my A1C is now elevated (for now) and this has shown up.
Treatment is pretty straight forward - Metformin + basically the same eating plan I am doing now... The Mediterranean focus of Simply Filling works well for this so no changes needed there.
Fingers crossed this is part of the answer I have been looking for!




No comments:
Post a Comment