I enjoyed that CREAMY CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN so much - I decided to put on a bigger batch just now.
My original post about it is here:
https://fromdumpytodivas.blogspot.com/2019/01/crockpot-creamy-salsa-chicken.html
So easy - and way too good! Small changes this time just for my own experimentation.
ORIGINAL 3 INGREDIENT recipe:
๐น1lb Chicken Breasts
๐น1 jar favorite Salsa
๐น1 block cream cheese - use regular, light, fat free - whatever you want.
This, just on its own, is great. I did a 1/2 batch, added some more seasoning and the juice of 1 lime and it was amazing.
This version:
๐น1lb Chicken Breast
๐น1 jar Pace Salsa
๐น3oz Odyssey Fat Free Feta (needed to use)
⚡4oz (1/2 block) Regular Cream Cheese - is what I had left from the last batch
๐นJuice of 2 Limes
๐นDried Summer Savory
๐นHomemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
Put everything EXCEPT CREAM CHEESE in the crockpot. Chicken is still frozen. Low for 6-8hrs or High for 3-4hrs.
Remove chicken from crockpot. Stir liquid in crockpot and add cream cheese (cut into pieces). Shred chicken and add back to crockpot.
At this point I realized I had some prepped mushrooms and scallions left over I needed to I use, so I threw those in.
Stir and cook an additional 30min/Low or 15min/High.
Mix well and enjoy on tacos, over rice or pasta, on sandwiches, in a wrap, add to soups or salads, or just eat plain....
Yes - it's that good!
** Bites/Points will vary according to your plan and what ingredients you specifically use - I do Simply Filling so my values don't mean much to other people .. I suggest you run it through a Recipe Builder to get your specific total. **



No comments:
Post a Comment