My morning started with going to the monthly food pantry donation day at the church.
I got there at 9.30am and there was already over 70 cars in front of me. They open at 11 and I made my way out about 1.30pm.
I have to really thank the volunteers who stood out in this weather from before I got there until long after I had left, in the cold, to help others...they are truly a blessing in this world.
This is the same place that does the produce but today was the monthly staples box. They see 100-150 families a month for this and we need to thank Walmart, Kroger and Grant's for their donations to make this possible.
I received more than I needed so I put together a Pay It Forward box and asked if anyone was in need I could split my food with. A friend let me know they had a young family that could use some help so we got the stuff together to give to them.
There was a big range of stuff this month and I was able to put together a box with some basics like milk, juice, peanut butter, bread, beans, canned veggies, meats, pasta, fruit and some veg and some treats.
I now have a few more canned things, a whole bag of pears and potatoes, some new bread to try, more soup and pasta, and some treats for me.
There was more than enough to share. Thank you again - to the volunteers and stores that make this happen and to those who work tirelessly behind the scenes.
We appreciate it!




No comments:
Post a Comment