Thursday, January 10, 2019

ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY


SEASONING:
I used a variety of seasonings here but you could just use a simple olive oil and basic herb blend if you wanted.  I don't like the taste or texture of oil in my cooking - so I did not toss these in any oil.  I used a packet of McCormick's Grill Mates Basil Balsamic Marinade but treated it as a dry spice blend.  Just the fresh cut veg, rinsed and then sprinkled with the seasoning and tossed then on the sheet pan.


Preheat oven - 400°
(Cook your root vegetable first as they take the longest)

FIRST PAN
1 Yukon Gold Potato, skin on - seasoned
1 Sm Sweet Potato, skin on - seasoned
3 Med Beets, peeled - seasoned
** NOTE - If you have never roasted beets before - a couple of things to know. They will stain your cutting board/clothes so be careful. If you don't want your beets to discolor the rest of your veggies - put them in a separate little foil nest for baking.
Remove potatoes - leave beets
---------------------------------
SECOND PAN (pictured above)
400°F for 20min
Beets
Grape Tomatoes
Brussel Sprouts
[Balsalmic Glaze drizzle]
Butternut Squash - Everything Bagel Seasoning


THIRD PAN
Zucchini Rounds - seasoned
Chayote Squash - seasoned


It's going to be good!
I included the reference chart to get you started from here:
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-any-vegetable-101221

No comments:

Post a Comment